Specialized Rockhopper Elite 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike 2021
Yep, we just re-read the spec sheet and still can't believe it either. The Rockhopper Elite is one helluva lot of bike.
Air-sprung fork? Let me introduce you to your new friend, Judy. Discerning when it comes to your drivetrain? You'll find no fault—and no grade too steep—with a wide-range Shimano Deore 1x10 drivetrain. Why stop there? We didn't, in order to allow you the pleasure of stopping yourself with Shimano's eager-to-please and oh-so-capable MT200 hydraulic disc brakes.
Each is impressive in their own right, but the magic really lies in how they all come together into a Rockhopper that serves up singletrack with a nice big side of ' Whoah, so that's what a real bike feels like.'
- A heart of gold, presented in our lightweight yet durable Premium A1 Aluminum, the Rockhopper features butted aluminum tubes in order to keep weight low and strength high, all while providing increased standover clearance, slick internal cable routing and dropper-post compatibility. With the goal of making sure that the Rockhopper offers both the best fit and best performance for every person, no matter their measure, we’ve paired each Rockhopper frame size with the optimal wheel size. The result is a Rockhopper to fit every rider and the assurance that every Rockhopper is rolling on the best-handling wheel for its frame size.
- A breath of fresh air at this price point—and plenty north of it, RockShox’s Judy SoloAir brings air-sprung sensitivity and performance to the masses with a killer value proposition: more bang, less buck. The TurnKey damper deftly dishes out travel letting you focus on what’s ahead.
- Shimano's 1x10 wide-range 10-speed Deore shifiting boasts both the pedigree and performance that legends are made of.
- Tubeless-ready rims and tires keep your options open and traction on-call.
CRANKSET: Stout 1x, forged alloy
CHAIN: KMC, X10, EPT anti-corrosion coating, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
CASSETTE: SunRace, 11-42t, 10-speed
BOTTOM BRACKET: Square-tapered, 73mm, internal bearings, 122.5mm spindle
SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Deore, RapidFire Plus, 10-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
FORK: RockShox Judy, Solo Air, Turnkey damper, 46mm offset, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), steel steerer
REAR TIRE: Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5x2.3"
RIMS: Alloy, Offset Design, Tubeless Ready, 25mm internal width, 28h
FRONT HUB: Shimano HB-RM35, Center Lock™ disc, 9x100mm spacing, quick-release, 28h
REAR HUB: Shimano FH-RM35, Center Lock™ disc, 9x135mm spacing, quick-release, 32h
FRONT TIRE: Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5x2.3"
INNER TUBES: Presta, 40mm valve
GRIPS: Specialized Trail Grips, lock-on
HANDLEBARS: Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
SEATPOST: Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
SADDLE: Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155/143mm
STEM: Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm
SPOKES: Stainless, 14g
SEAT BINDER: Alloy, quick release, 34.9
FRAME: A1 premium butted alloy, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, stealth rack mounts, dropper post compatible
* Specifications are subject to change without notice