Specialized Como SL 4.0 Low Entry Electric Bike 2022
You mean an Electric Bike can still go sleeker AND lighter? SAY WHAAAAT - Specialized has done it again with their 2022 Turbo Como SL 4.0 Low Entry Electric Bike. Take a quick spin in our Edmonton River Valley paths with this and make heads turn - too bad they can only catch a quick glimpse since you'll be gliding soooo quietly and fast with its 240W/35Nm motor.
What happened when we brought our perfectly balanced Super Light system to our popular Turbo Como E-bike? The best combination of power, range, and usability in a comfort e-bike. The Turbo Como Super Light (SL) is designed for running around town and beyond. Able to carry twice its weight in cargo, it’s a surprising errand bike that’s as exciting to ride as it is easy to own.
Riders will love the low-maintenance easy-ownership that comes with our first Internal Gear Hub E-bike. IGH protects your bike’s working gears from the weather, road grime, and damage from crowded bike racks. Best of all, you can shift gears anytime, yes, even when stopped⏤take that traffic lights.
The Turbo Como Super Light’s sophisticated design is ready to go whenever you are⏤day and night, rain or shine⏤with battery-powered integrated lights, fenders, and plenty of storage capability. The 320Wh battery is securely hidden in the downtube, making it almost indistinguishable from a regular bike at first glance. But on days when you want to do more, attach the optional Range Extender to ride up to 93 miles without needing to recharge. Trust us when we say, you’ll find yourself making up errands just so you can ride it again.
- 5-speed Nexus Internal Gear Hub and chain drive for shifting when stopped, extended bike performance, and reduced at-home bike maintenance.
- Fully integrated Specialized 320Wh downtube battery w/optional Range Extender compatibility for up to 93 miles of range.
- Specialized SL 1.1 custom lightweight motor, peak 240W / 35Nm, 2x you rider amplification (180% assistance), assist up to 28mph.
- Bright, integrated front and rear lighting to see and be seen.
- Frame-mounted front porteur rack with a basket and top net.
- Turbo Super Light mounted pannier-compatible rear rack and DRYTECH fenders.
- Aftermarket Turbo Connect Display compatibility.
- Clean internal cable routing and reflective graphics.
- TRP Flow Set hydraulic disc brakes for maximum stopping power.
- Durable 650b wheels paired with Nimbus 2.3 tires smooth out rough roads, while providing BlackBelt flat protection and reflective accents to increase visibility
This bike is ready for a test-ride in our very own indoor test ride area here at Edmonton's favorite bike shop - United Sport & Cycle.
FRAME: E5 Aluminum, bottom bracket motor mount, fully integrated downtube battery, internal cable routing, fender and front rack mounts, Smooth Welds
FORK: Turbo Como SL one-piece-design aluminum fork, 12x110mm thru-axle
SEAT BINDER: Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm
HANDLEBARS: Specialized Como SL handlebar/stem combo, integrated cable routing
GRIPS: Body Geometry XC Contour
SADDLE: Body Geometry Comfort Gel, 200mm w/ SWAT™ Mount
SEATPOST: Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt-clamp, 5mm setback, 34.9mm
FRONT BRAKE: TRP Flow Set Control, hydraulic disc, metal-ceramic pads, flat-mount w/ 160mm CL-rotor
REAR BRAKE: TRP Flow Set Control, hydraulic disc, metal-ceramic pads, flat-mount w/ 160mm CL-rotor
SHIFT LEVERS: Microshift SL-SCN05, 5-speed Nexus compatible
CASSETTE: Shimano 30t sprocket
CHAIN: KMC CN-HG71
CRANKSET: Custom alloy forged crankarms
CHAINRINGS: 40T, custom-alloy
CHAINCASE: Integrated Chaincover
PEDALS: Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
HEADLIGHT: Supernova Mini2, 235lm, 12V, alloy housing
TAILLIGHT: Supernova E3, alloy housing, 3-LED, 250-degree visibility, fender mount, 12V
KICKSTAND: Specialized Center-Mount, 255mm
RACK: Specialized Pannier-rack, alloy tubing, max. 20kg load
FENDERS: Specialized DRYTECH fenders, 65mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
BELL: Simple bell
RIMS: 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 24/32h
FRONT HUB: Specialized alloy front hub disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x110mm, Center Lock™, 24h
REAR HUB: Shimano Nexus, 5-speed internal gear hub, SG-C7000-5D, 32H, BLACK
SPOKES: DT Swiss Industry
FRONT TIRE: Nimbus 2 Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3
REAR TIRE: Nimbus 2 Sport Reflect, 650Bx2.3
INNER TUBES: Schrader, 40mm valve
MOTOR: Specialized SL 1.1, custom lightweight motor
UI/REMOTE: Specialized TCU can be purchase separately
BATTERY: Specialized SL1-320, fully integrated, 320Wh
CHARGER: Custom charger, 48V System w/ SL system charger plug
WIRING HARNESS: Custom Specialized wiring harness w/ charge port
* Specifications are subject to change without notice