Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike 2022
A summer blockbuster with an eye for adventure, the Rockhopper Comp lives for high action and fast-paced plot twists and features an all-new, Premium A1 Aluminum frame making its singletrack debut.
Roll the credits to discover an SR SunTour XCM fork with a custom two-way damping circuit, Stout wheelset, SRAM Level hydraulic stoppers and MicroSHIFT’s wide-range 1x9 drivetrain and you have backup provided by a supporting cast that’s all thriller and no filler, but will never leave you hanging.
- Bringing our Rx Tune to Rockhopper for the very first time, the lockout-equipped SR Suntour XCM with custom Multi-Circuit damping brings size-specific travel and spring rates to the show in a performance that’s sure to impress while also ensuring consistent geometry, handling and suspension performance, regardless of frame or wheel size.
- Beautifully beastly, SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes pack a mean bite but deliver their power with a refined, intuitive feel to make for a package that punches way above its pay grade.
- Keep things simple with a durable 1x MicroSHIFT drivetrain that offers plenty of range along with a clutch-equipped rear derailleur that keeps your ride quite—and your chain on.
- Pair dead-reliable hubs from Formula with our 25-millimeter internal diameter, hookless Stout rims for a wheelset hat-trick: strong, light and durable.
Frame: Specialized A1 premium butted alloy, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, stealth rack mounts, dropper post compatible
Seat Binder: Alloy, quick release, 34.9
Suspension Fork: SR Suntour XCM 29, 30mm Stanchions, Rx Tune, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit damping w/lockout, QR, 90/100mm travel (size-specific), 46mm offset
Stem: 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 7-degree rise
Handlebars: Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm
Grips: Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
Saddle: Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155/143mm
SeatPost: Alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
Front Brake: SRAM Level, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm
Rear Brake: SRAM Level, hydraulic disc, 160mm
Rear Derailleur: microSHIFT Advent, 1x9 w/ clutch
Shift Levers: microSHIFT Advent, 9-speed
Cassette: microSHIFT Advent, 9-speed, 11-42t
Chain: KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
Crankset: Stout 1x, forged alloy
Bottom Bracket: Square-tapered, 73mm, internal bearings, 122.5mm spindle
Rims: Stout Alloy, hookless, double-wall, 25mm inner width
Front Hub: Formula DC-20, 6-Bolt, disc, 100x9mm spacing, quick-release
Rear Hub: Formula DC-22, 6-Bolt freehub, disc, 135x9mm spacing, quick-release
Front Tire: Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.35"
Rear Tire: Fast Trak Sport, 29x2.35"
Inner Tubes: Presta, 40mm valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice