Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Alloy Bike 2021
Metal fans rejoice! The Stumpjumper Comp Alloy rocks on, with one of the most advanced alloy frames ever developed. From the frame’s asymmetrical design, taking in the refined suspension kinematics and all-new geometry, to a build kit that strikes the optimal combination of performance and value, it’s metal, but it ain’t heavy metal. And it’s ready to slay some dirt.
- THE TRAIL BENCHMARK — When we set out to design the all-new Stumpjumper, we pursued some hefty goals. It had to excel on any kind of trail, for every style of rider. To achieve that, we went after serious weight reduction without sacrificing durability, a stiff, responsive chassis that still rides light and lively, geometry that improves everyone’s riding, and the best suspension kinematics we know how to design. Turns out, you can have your cake and eat it too with the new Stumpjumper.
- THE SWEETEST 130MM OF TRAVEL YOU’LL EVER RIDE — We massaged the kinematics of the Stumpjumper suspension to bring out the very best all-round performance possible in a 130mm package. Countless hours of suspension lab development and field testing created a refined mid-travel ripper that eats big terrain like a gravity fed beast, handles like a dream everywhere, and climbs like it has a motor.
- PROGRESSIVE GEOMETRY — The S-Sizing geometry of the new Stumpjumper hits the progressive sweet spot. It’s long, low and slack, with a short offset fork and a steeper seat tube angle. These numbers combine to make your ride more stable, more carvealicious, more comfortable climbing, more better everywhere. With FlipChip adjustability you’re able to further fine-tune your fit, ensuring that your new Stumpjumper performs flawlessly on whatever terrain you choose.
- RIDER-FIRST ENGINEERED™ — Rider-First Engineered™ frames use a size-specific approach to ride characteristics that ensures benchmark handling and flawless performance, regardless of frame or rider size. Whether you’re a jump-happy grom riding an S1, or a DH-fiend giant in need of the lengthy S6, you’ll experience the same ride traits – rail-sharp cornering and balanced front and rear stiffness – at the lightest-possible weight, And by light, we mean real light: 2,250 grams (S-Works, S-3 size, with rear shock).
FRAME: Alloy chassis and rear-end, asymmetrical design, 29 Trail Geometry, horst pivot BB adjustment, threaded BB, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 130mm of travel
SEAT BINDER: Alloy, 38.6
REAR SHOCK: FOX FLOAT DPS Performance, Rx Trail Tune, rebound and 3-position compression adjust, S1:190x42.5mm, S2-S6: 190x45mm
FORK: FOX FLOAT 34 Rhythm, GRIP damper, two position Sweep adjustment, 15x110mm QR axle, 44mm offset,140mm of travel
STEM: Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore
HANDLEBARS: Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm width
SADDLE: Bridge Comp, Hollow Cr-mo rails, 155/143mm
SEATPOST: X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, remote SRL LE lever, 34.9 (S1:100mm, S2: 125mm, S3: 150mm, S4/S5: 170mm, S6: 190mm)
TAPE: Specialized Trail Grips
FRONT BRAKE: SRAM G2 R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
REAR BRAKE: SRAM G2 R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm
REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
CHAIN: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
CRANKSET: SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, S1:165mm, S2-S5: 170mm, S6: 175mm
CHAINRINGS: Steel, 30T
RIMS: Roval 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
FRONT HUB: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
REAR HUB: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
SPOKES: DT Swiss Industry
FRONT TIRE: Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 29x2.3"
REAR TIRE: Purgatory, GRID Casing, GRIPTON® compound, 29x2.3"
INNER TUBES: Standard, Presta valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice