Specialized Stumpjumper Evo Comp Alloy Full Suspension Mountain Bike 2022
Let's get something clear, the Stumpjumper EVO Alloy isn't a "normal" trail bike. It's built to get gnarly, plain and simple. Featuring the same all-new design as its carbon brethren—including an adjustable head tube angle, 150mm of performance tuned travel, the adaptability of S-Sizing, and SWAT™ Door integration—in a lightweight yet tough M5 Alloy chassis, you're going to be able to bomb down trails that you thought you couldn't touch without a full-blown DH rig.
Spec’d with a no-fuss SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain, bomber 30mm-wide alloy wheels, and plush Fox FLOAT Performance suspension, there’s no question the Stumpjumper EVO Comp Alloy is dressed to shred.
- All the travel in the world is useless without the proper shock tuning and kinematics. For the new Stumpjumper EVO design, we prioritized kinematic performance. Applying lessons learned while developing the Enduro, then following that with more than 1,000 hours of field and suspension lab development, we’ve not only improved the pedaling performance of the Stumpjumper, but we’ve made it more capable, agile, and lively. We increased anti-squat, so the suspension better resists pedal bob, and we further improved bump performance on square-edge hits. Bottom line? This thing shreds trails, not legs.
- The S-Sizing geometry of the new Stumpjumper EVO is our most progressive yet. Long, low, slack, short offset fork, steeper seat tube angle – these are requirements for modern progressive riding. But not everyone jibs the same way, which is why the geo on the new Stumpjumper EVO is fully adjustable with six different settings. You can adjust the BB height by 10mm, you can adjust your head angle by two-degrees, and you can make these adjustments independently of each other. Finally, if you want to go full-party mullet-mode, the EVO lets you run a 27.5-inch rear wheel mated with a 29-inch front.
- Rider-First Engineered™ frames use a size-specific approach to ride characteristics that ensures benchmark handling and flawless performance, regardless of frame or rider size. Whether you’re a jump-happy grom riding an S1, or a DH-fiend giant in need of the lengthy S6, you’ll experience the same ride traits – rail-sharp cornering and balanced front and rear stiffness – at the lightest-possible weight.
- We introduced the SWAT™ door on the Stumpjumper in 2016, adding room IN your frame for those “oh sh**t” necessities like pumps and spare tubes, and immediately rendering jersey pockets redundant.
Frame: M5 Alloy chassis and rear-end, asymmetrical design, 29" Trail Geometry with S-Sizing, SWAT™ Door integration, head tube angle adjustment, horst pivot BB adjustment, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 150mm of travel
Seat Binder: Alloy, 38.6mm
SWAT: SWAT™ Door integration
Rear Shock: FOX FLOAT X Performance, Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, 2-position lever w/ LSR adjustment, S1:210x50mm, S2-S6:210x55mm
Fork: FOX FLOAT 36 Rhythm, GRIP damper, two position Sweep adjustment, 15x110mm axle, 44mm offset, S1:150mm of travel, S2-S6:160mm of travel
Stem: Alloy Trail Stem, 35mm bar bore
Handlebars: Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 30mm rise, 800mm width
Grips: Specialized Trail Grips
Saddle: Bridge Comp, Hollow Cr-mo rails, 155/143mm
Seat Post: X-Fusion Manic, infinite adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SLR LE lever, 34.9, S1: 100mm, S2: 125mm, S3: 150mm, S4/S5: 175mm, S6: 190mm
Front Brake: SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 220mm
Rear Brake: SRAM Code R, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 200mm
Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
Shift Levers: SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle PG-1230, 12-speed, 11-50t
Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, S1:165mm, S2-S5: 170mm, S6: 175mm
Chainrings: Steel, 30T
Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, threaded
Rims: Specialized 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
Front Hub: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
Rear Hub: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
Spokes: DT Swiss Industry
Front Tire: Butcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® T9 compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
Rear Tire: Eliminator, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® T7 compound, 29x2.3"
Inner Tubes: Standard, Presta valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice