You like being on paved roads, but only the wide open kind, we get it you don't want to feel confined. We think you're built for speed, so you need a bike that can handle the lengthy rides you're into. First we'd like to offer you some direction for the type of road bikes we offer!
Is a Road Bike Right for You?
Are you a looking to do a ride event?
Are you a fitness enthusiast?
Are you a competitive rider?
Are you interested in going fast?
Do you want to get out the power you put into your bike?
Are you interested in traveling long distances?
Getting fit properly will allow you to ride long distances with ease. Developed from years of working with Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and found only at Specialized dealers, like us, BG FIT (Body Geometry Fit Integration Technology) is a comprehensive fitting system created to help cyclists like you ride faster, longer and in complete comfort, while reducing your chances of injury.Learn More
Conquer serious rides with a performance bike built with innovative materials for weight savings and power transfer. These bikes are great for performance on road, gravel, and everything in between.
Some advantages of choosing a sport/performance bike include:
- Light and aerodynamic— the lightest weight frames
- Best power transfer/frame stiffness
- Stable and capable
- Shorter head tubes, steeper angles, and tighter wheelbases
- Handling is sharp and sensitive
- Gearing is bigger for more top-end speed
- Great for racing, triathlons, group rides, or an all-around bike!
Gravel bikes are capable everywhere, on the road and off the road. They are adaptable for everything from racing, dirt roads, rugged terrain to winter exploration. An endurance bike is built for exploration and is ready whenever you are.
Some advantages of choosing an endurance/gravel bike include:
- Feature disc brakes— for the tire clearance and all condition stopping power
- Have additional clearance for wider tires— so you can set the bike up for the specific riding you will be doing
- Comfortable geometry
- Suitable for multiple terrains— perform on and off the road
- Good for light touring
- Often features lower gearing for steeper gradients
- Often features multiple mounting options for extra bottles, bags, etc.
Triathlon & Time Trial bikes are built for aerodynamics. The frame of the bike is built to place your body in the most efficient riding position and are best suited for half or full distance events. They might just be your ticket to the final leg of the race!
Some advantages of choosing a triathlon bike include:
- Specifically geometry for triathlon and time trialing
- Most aggressive body position for speed and aerodynamics
- Absurdly aerodynamic— helps you cheat the wind
- Transfers all your power to the road efficiently
- Steeper seat tube angle— engages the quadriceps for increased power when riding
- Allows for an easier run after transitioning off the bike
- Almost always the fastest bike option
- Frames are all wind tunnel tested for maximum efficiency
Cyclocross bikes are great for riders who race in cyclocross races specifically. The cyclocross bike is rather versatile and excels on multiple different terrain types, including: grass, trails, pavement, mud, + even sand!
Some advantages of choosing a cyclocross bike include:
- Lighter weight
- Designed for racing
- Built with an off road oriented tire
- Efficiency in power